Gone are the days when turban was used mostly for religious, customary of traditional purposes among Nigerians.
Now, every fashionista will agree with me that Velvet is the latest material used to achieve turbans and its trending Nationwide. If you ask me, it has redefined ‘elegance’ and stands out among other types of head wraps in Africa.
Recently, this dormant trend has quietly, but assertively, resurfaced at events, churches and social outings with ladies ditching the old form of gele.
Turbans have grown so important to the point that top celebrities now rock them to weddings and other events.
Check out some of them:
1. Actress Sharon Ooja in red turban
2. Agbani Darego in black turban
3. Dakore Akande in pick turban
4. Rita Dominic in ankara turban
5. Dolapo Oni in blue turban
6. Stephanie Linus in black turban
7. Stephanie Coker in brown beaded turban
8. Funlola Aofiyebi in pink turban
9. Toke Makinwa in gold beaded turban
10. Tiwa Savage is cream colour turban
11. Bukky Wright in white turban